Award & Grant Opportunities
Libraries and Families Award Selection Criteria
The 2012 Better World Books/NCFL Libraries and Families Awards will reward innovative library-based literacy programs for families. Existing programs and brand-new programs will be considered. Applications will be evaluated using the following award selection criteria.
- Project must be library-based and implemented by library staff, and grant funds must be awarded directly to a library or library organization (e.g., Friends of the Library groups, library foundations, etc.).
- Programs must be located within the United States.
- Project must be completed between April 2012 and March 2013.
- Applicant must commit to sharing program and participant stories with NCFL and Better World Books on an ongoing basis.
- Project must be fully supported by your library director or administrator.
- Applications must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 6, 2012, and must be complete.
Winning Award Criteria
We are looking for innovative libraries that are passionate about serving families. Specifically, we want to reward library literacy programs that:
- Serve parents and children with a strong intergenerational approach to helping them learn together.
- Exhibit a record of success and a clear plan for a successful project.
- Serve communities and families with high literacy and socioeconomic needs.
- Propose a compelling use of award funding that directly benefits families.
- Will likely continue after the grant has been expended.
Apply today! Remember to submit your application no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 6, 2012. We look forward to learning about your library and exciting efforts to help families. Please contact Lisa Avetisian at email@example.com for questions about the application process.